Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To Do List, Wednesday


To Do List, Wednesday


Remember the name
of that kid from eighth grade,
the one we tormented
without mercy and
while I’m at it, who said
music occurs in the
spaces between the notes
or words to that
effect, tasks I should
tackle while keeping
hope alive despite
listening to
Morning Edition,
then focus my
efforts on Faith and
Doubt only to be
reminded of
Gaugin’s Vision
After the Sermon
(Jacob Wrestling
With the Angel),
the outcome of the
bout inconclusive,
an eternal draw,
best to hew to the
more attainable
goals of accepting
the fact I will
always be only
a listener,
never a player and
will never again
run a big lazy
loop through the shady
streets of my town
on a warm summer
evening aware
only of the
contra rhythm of
breathing and footfalls. 
I will round out my list
with grow old with grace
and cross it off
shamelessly same as
yesterday, the day
before that and, yes,
again tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment