Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Art History 101











Venus of Willendorf

You seemed a little distant
Cool and aloof on the slide
Perhaps I was projecting
In the warm dark cocoon
Of Lecture Hall B
Undergraduate umbilical coiled
Around my neck, pupils draining
Light in clockwise vortex
Until it dawned on me
It was only the sound of fan
Racket from the Kodak Modal 4600
A yearning carousel eager
To please on stiff little legs nosing
Toward the screen
Where you teetered on impossible
Feet fighting gravity
In a losing battle I found
Touching, breasts
No one could ignore
A chassis built
As the bluesman said
For comfort not for speed. 
I hear Willendorf
Is nice this time of year
Hint of fertility in the alpine air
Your crazy braids beckoning 
Like braille to a blind man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment